How can I do these in Microsoft Word ?

Antonio Machado 12:36 02 Sep 09

Hello experts !

I work a lot with Microsoft Word, including fairly large Documents of 400 pages and more. I have these three questions for you my friends:

1. How can I jump directly to a specific page ?

2. How can I jump directly to the very last page ? the only way I know is drag and drop the tiny bar at the right side of the screen all the way down to the last page of the Document, but given the lenght of them it takes some time. Can I just "click" somewhere and jump there ?

3. I use a lot the "Find" function and sometimes after browsing the results of the finding I realize that I want to go back to the last finding before the one I have in screen. How can I do this ?

Thanks a lot my friends, best, Antonio.

OTT_Buzzard 12:42 02 Sep 09

You haven't said which versionof word, but try thefollowing (workin word 2007):

1. Click on thepage number on the bottom right of the screen. Enter page number

2. Ctrl + End takes you to the end of the document

3. Not sure

Diemmess 12:42 02 Sep 09

Two quickies to start with -
Control+End for the last page of the document
Control+Home for the first page.

OTT_Buzzard 12:43 02 Sep 09

Bottom LEFT of the screen.

Time for another coffee!

BRYNIT 13:17 02 Sep 09

List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002, Word 2003, and Word 2007 click here

Peter 18:20 02 Sep 09

The "SHIFT + F5" key combination will move the cursor to the last three editing locations if used repeatedly. It will even move the cursor to the last location in a newly opened, previously edited, document i.e. the last editing location when the document was saved and closed.

Peter.

Antonio Machado 12:54 03 Sep 09

Taff™ 07:47 04 Sep 09

Ctrl + Page Down jumps you one page at a time (Hold both and it will continue to scroll rapidly)

You might find using "Bookmarks" useful. Set a bookmark at the start of each section perhaps and use the "Go" feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac