How Can I delete 'Open With' entries?

Drum 14:44 28 Dec 10

How Can I delete 'Open With' entries?
I have Office Home and Student, and MS Word on my W7 64laptop. I was trying to get my .doc files to open in Word instead of OHS which takes priority, but I couldn't find Word in my prog list so I created a file type association with the prog shortcut ...wordicon.exe. This of course didn't work so I uninstalled OHS, and now all my .doc files open properly in Word, however the wordicon.exe option still exists in the "Open with" list.

The 'Open With' pop-up is not equipped with any 'Delete' or 'Edit' buttons that would allow one to delete redundant applications from the list. I've had a look at .... HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\\OpenWithList , but wordicon.exe isn't listed. Is there any way to delete entries from this list?

cocteau48 15:05 28 Dec 10

click here

You appear to have tried the first one here but the above link details three more registry locations that may be worth a look.

Drum 15:23 28 Dec 10

Excellent link cocteau48, many thanks.
Now sorted : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…