How can I delete Internet Temporary files

281apple 08:25 26 Jun 07

I was told that I should delete the Internet Temporary files on my computer when it slows down. If that is correct, how can I do it?

Terry Brown 08:31 26 Jun 07

Shut down and restart your system. Set options to show all files.Set search to *.tmp. anything that does not have the current date on it can be removed.
If you have multiple drives you can also check the recycle boxes for each drive and remove files from these, cookies can be removed the same way. Defrasg the system afterwards.
Terry

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:33 26 Jun 07

click here download and run and delete all it finds. An excellent piece of software.

G

birdface 08:33 26 Jun 07

Internet options,Browsing history,Delete,A new box will open.Delete temporary Files,[I usually delete Cookies and History while in there,]

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:34 26 Jun 07

click here is the correct link.

G

281apple 08:46 26 Jun 07

I clicked on your first "click here" but was no good. I then clicked on your second "click here" and got CCleaner. Is that one good for me?

281apple 08:48 26 Jun 07

Your first click here did not work. I clicked on the second one and found CCleaner. If that the right one?

Technotiger 08:54 26 Jun 07

Yes, CCleaner is the right one - just run it in its default setting, don't untick anything, don't touch advanced.

Stuartli 09:09 26 Jun 07

If you go to IE's Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab and scroll to the bottom, you will be able to Enable (tick) the Empty Temporary Internet Files when browser is Closed box.

Firefox's choices can be found from Tools>Options>Privacy tab.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:10 26 Jun 07

I have all the ones in a'dvanced' ticked. It clears out all the old uninstall files. You could try it when you have got used to CCleaner and you will be surprised how much crud the advanced setting gets rid of.

Andsome 09:17 26 Jun 07

One thing to be aware of with Crap Cleaner. It will delete the cookies from this and other websites, so you will need to log on again each time you visit. To solve this problem, visit any sites that you need to log on to to gain access, so that cookies are created. Then open Crap cleaner and click on Options/Cookies,and drag from left to right box all the cookies that you do not want deleted in future. Crap Cleaner is excellent, and I use it before close down every day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…