How can I delete a file that defaults to read only

boo_hiss_boo 20:32 07 Aug 04

PLEASE help. A few weeks ago, I had a worm virus 'bagle ah' (I think) and I managed to effectively get rid of it. However, I have a folder on my pc that seems to have downloaded on the same day (I don't know what it is) called 'stupid manager 4' and the file inside is 'senddumb.exe'. I have tried to delete the folder but I am denied access. I have changed the attributes to read only but as soon as I ok, it returns to read only status by itself. The file keeps trying to access the internet. I have blocked it in my firewall but I really need to just get rid of the folder to feel easier. Any suggestions.PLEASE....

Thanks

JoeC 20:36 07 Aug 04

Safe Mode and deleting it then.

boo_hiss_boo 20:40 07 Aug 04

Joec

thanks... ok now I'm gonna show my blond streak, how do I do the safe mode bit and then get back from safe mode...

thanks

JoeC 20:42 07 Aug 04

on my computer it is to tap the F8 key as the computer starts up. On some it is F5 and others it can be Delete !

stalion 20:46 07 Aug 04

if it's xp keep tapping f8 on boot up.After you delete the file re-boot your computer

boo_hiss_boo 21:00 07 Aug 04

Thank you soooooooooooo muchly... that worked a treat.

:o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…