How can I correct a Power Point Presentation?

querillous 16:00 25 Feb 11

I am using a Power Point presentation that I set up a long time ago. It is set up so that the bullet points on the screen are shown on a mouse click, one by one.

This will make the presentation rather slow and tedious since I have added more slides and I need to alter the set up so that the whole slide is shown on mouse click, rather than advancing slowly through all the bullet points.

I would be grateful for guidance on how to make the alterations.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:16 25 Feb 11

Slideshow - custom animation - remove

querillous 16:44 25 Feb 11

I have tried that but to no effect. Any more ideas?

skeletal 17:12 25 Feb 11

You need to select all the bullets and remove their animations. In Office 2010 you go to Animations/Animation Pane and see every animation for the slide. Select them all and delete.

You can do something similar in earlier versions, but I can’t remember which menus you use to get to the list of animations.

Skeletal

skeletal 18:07 25 Feb 11

In 2003 do:

Right click a bullet point;
Chose “Custom animation”
The custom Animation pane appears where you should see all the animations for all you bullet points;
Left click anywhere in the animations descriptions in the animations pane;
Press CTRL+A;
See all the animation descriptions highlighted;
Press delete.

You can do the CTRL+A trick in Office 2010 as well of course.

Skeletal

querillous 10:44 27 Feb 11

Thanks very much for your help. After a lot of trial and error it all came right in the end. I am sure that the audience will be mightily releived at the resulting shortened time!!

skeletal 11:51 27 Feb 11

That’s good!

I’m always in two minds about having every bullet point a separate “click”. I tend not to do it, but others do it on every slide. Each method has its good and bad points, but as you’ve found, if you want to do a quick “overview” version of a presentation, it can be a real pain to endure click after click.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac