How can I correct bad track on compilation CD-R?

br1anstorm 18:59 07 Feb 08

Some time ago I recorded a collection of audio tracks on to a Verbatim Audio CD-R, using Roxio (if I recall correctly). I cannot now remember what speed or settings I used, but assume they were the defaults. At that time I hadn't realised the distinctions between DAO and TAO, and the significance of multisession and finalisation...

Both my computer and my stereo CD deck show the disc has 19 tracks on it. Tracks 1 - 14 play perfectly. Then the CD deck won't play track 15 or 16. If I leave the CD-R in the deck, it moves on after about a minute to play tracks 17-19, which sound fine...

On another CD deck, I did get track 16 to play - but not track 15.

In my computer, more or less the same thing - except that it will only play tracks 1-14. When it gets to 15 the program (Windows Media Player) hangs, and the drive clearly doesn't like what it finds on the disc: the drive whirrs and stutters. Nor does it like 16. If I reload the disc and click directly on 17,18 or 19, these tracks play OK.

Is there anything I can do to make this CD playable reasonably normally? Can I "remove" or delete tracks 15 and 16? Or can I correct whatever is wrong with tracks 15 and 16, which at present the drives seem to 'see' but can't play?

eedcam 19:02 07 Feb 08

Can you not rip the tracks back to the Pc and make afresh start

hiwatt 19:03 07 Feb 08

No you cant remove tracks once you've burned them to disc.If you still have the audio files on your hardrive or elsewhere you could just burn a new disc.But you wont be able to correct a problem that was created while burning the disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos