How can i copy 'The Sims'?

SpyMan²°°­­³ 15:44 24 Jan 03

Hi, as most of you will know...it IS legal to copy games as long as you are doing it for personal back-ups and that is what i am trying to do with "The Sims"...i am using 'Clone CD' but it has failed..the game installed alright but i have to use the original disc to load the game up.

Has anyone had any success with copying "The Sims".
Is there anyother CD copying software that is better than 'Clone CD' that anyone uses?

Your help and advice would be appreciated.

Lozzy 15:46 24 Jan 03

You need to copy track by track then write the CD

MartinT-B 17:10 24 Jan 03

You need copy protection detection as well as cloneCD4

The copy prot will stop CCD4 making an exact copy - which is what you need to do

I use clonyXXL available for free AND it integrates with Clony CD4 to tell it what is on the disk. You can then choose what to copy.

ClonyXXL is a German Program - make sure you get the English version. Version 2 I think

And before you all yell at me, I got these programs on the advice of either Computer Shopper or Persoanl Computer World - article in last August/September edition.

MartinT-B 17:26 24 Jan 03

hmmm

searched the sites - can't find the English version. If you's like - post your email and I'll send you the version I have - v2.0.0.6 with the English installation.
It's 782KB unzipped.

BTW choose an email you don't mind being spammed!

grove34 17:31 24 Jan 03

all you need are the extra profiles that you dont get when you d/l the copier.

give me your email addy and i'll mail em to ya

Gaz 25 19:25 24 Jan 03

Explore the drive and copy and paste the files from the CD to the CD-R.

I think this would work as It has worked for me when copying programs.

Hope this helps.

kenny 23:01 24 Jan 03

there is a crack on the web for the sims just search cracks. copy the game onto the hard disk add the downloaded crack to the program and copy onto a fresh disk

eVil Niloc 23:29 24 Jan 03

Don't know if this webpage might help (seems ok)!!
click here
Colin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…