How can I connect a laptop to a printer connected to my PC

hodderf 10:21 AM 25 Jul 12

I have a PC running XP connected to a Huawei HG 520b router via an Ethernet Cable. A printer is connected to the PC using a USB cable. A Notebook running Vista connects to the Router via WiFi. I would like to print directly from the Notebook using the Printer which is connected to my PC. Is this possible and if so what do I have to do?

difarn 12:19 PM 25 Jul 12

It is indeed possible - this article explains how to do it in clear steps.

This article also explains how to set up file sharing between two pc's on the same network.

Greyson 13:49 PM 09 Aug 12

To connect your printer using wifi you should add printer in the Control Panel (>Printers>Add printer). You'd select "A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer" and enter the location of the printer. The syntax to connect to a remote printer is "\computername\printername."

Look: The "computer_name" is the Windows name given to the machine that has the printer connected to it. You can find the computer name by right-clicking the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and selecting "Properties."

Click the "Next" button. Enter a name for the printer and click the "Next" button again. The name you give to the printer is the one you will see in your printer settings.

To test the connection, just try "Print a Test Page".

Good luck.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay