How can I connect laptop to a digital projector

curly 17:02 16 Mar 04

I have just bought a digital projector so that I can with talks etc. I cannot get it to work. I have a video link cable but 'no signal'. What am I doing wrong - or not doing!!

JerryJay 17:21 16 Mar 04

(1) Normal connection is to link VGA out port of laptop to VGA in port of projector. But, you need to change laptop monitor setting for dual monitor (you can see in on laptop as well as projector) or external projector (only view from external monitor). Check you laptop manual how to set this up, most laptop only require press one key. However, some laptop do not have external vga monitor port, then you cannot use this option.

(2) Use video link just like what you are trying, but laptop need to have TV out (again need to set up), so link video (tv) out of laptop to video in of projector. But this method give you poor picture quality, so option one is best method. Again, very few laptop have video (TV) out function.

(3) If you laptop has no external vga out or tv out port, the get another laptop.

curly 13:52 17 Mar 04

Thank you JerryJay. I pressed the one key and I now have 'Lift Off'! Thanks for the advice.
I am pleased not to have to buy a new laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…