How can i clear the 'recently saved to locations'?

collinsc 20:06 25 Jul 08

If you are saving a document 'save as' then a box appears asking where you want to save it to. Is there anyway to clear this list?

Previously someone has said that you will need to delete the document to get rid of it - however, this does not hold true, as the list will also show recently played DVDs within the list - which have now been removed!

Thanks

Clapton is God 21:12 25 Jul 08

What "list" are you talking about?

FatboySlim71 21:17 25 Jul 08

Try downloading/installing CCleaner. Running it could maybe sort your problem, however it is not clear from you post what list you are talking about.

click here

collinsc 00:45 26 Jul 08

sorry! its the save list, when you try to save something it defaults to.. well the latest location you saved something to... i.e "my documents> folder x" to help you out. but if you want to save to "my folders>folder z" then you will have to use the bar to select the location.
i want to remove everything from the said list!

i hope this explains it!?
cheers

Gandalph 01:06 26 Jul 08

Why don't you just go into My Documents>Folder x and delete the contents or delete the folder.

collinsc 11:47 26 Jul 08

because as i say drive e is showing - which is the dvd drive- and there is nothing actually in the e drive at the moment- but when i click "save as" the drive e will show as one of the locations ive used.

MsTechie 22:04 26 Jul 08

I understand what you mean,
Control panel> Taskbar and start menu> uncheck the box that says 'store and display a list of recently opened programs' Apply and OK

collinsc 11:31 27 Jul 08

thats it! brilliant! thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…