//some 3rd party need geo

how can i clean out old bits ie tesco.wanadoo.

frankie 15:09 07 Apr 05

how can i clean out old bits ie tesco.wanadoo,virgin thats been left after the uninstall of there main program ? ,i,m now on broadband with bt am on xp pro,

Diemmess 15:36 07 Apr 05

1) Use the freebie CCleaner, it will clear a host of unconnected files and links. You can use it as a general cleaner on a regular basis anyway.

2) Only for the adventurous, Comb through the Registry for all files with the name (like wannado) and delete them. This may not give much extra space, and they are usually unconnected by now so don't really interfere any more. BUT DO AT least make a restore point before playing with the Registry

Diemmess 15:40 07 Apr 05

This should be "1a" really. Do an ordinary search for files and folders with the name you want to lose. Provided you have dome a normal "Uninstall" and then run CClean, any files and folders with the name can be deleted without fear of strife.

jbp1982 15:42 07 Apr 05

don't mess with the registry if your not sure.

Use click here

and for registry

Use click here

frankie 16:25 07 Apr 05

reg seeker done the biz and more nice one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…