How can I clean an installed invisible shield?

bengreenslade 15:52 09 Oct 10

Hi
I have an iPhone 4, and on it is an invisible shield for protection against dirt and scratches etc.

Now the problem I have is the fact that the shield has stated to attract a lot of finger prints, and it also attracts some lint, as a result even though the phone is protect the screen has become a little bit grubby and sticky. This is the invisible shield that is grubby not the actual phone itself.

Therefore, I was wondering is there anyway to clean all of the finger prints etc off the invisible shield? Obviously this is installed on the device and I do not want to take it off and re apply.

I do have some specific lens cleaner for my glasses, will that help lift the dirt off without damaging the film?

All help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ben

Clapton is God 16:29 09 Oct 10

Try soft cloth lightly dampened with methylated spirit

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 09 Oct 10

try one of those spry cleaners for glasses from the opticians.

gengiscant 17:07 09 Oct 10

I use anything that comes to hand from the cleaning cupboard without any ill effect, but mainly I use the spray glass cleaner I have for my spectacles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…