How can I check my website for viruses?

sheila.weston 11:20 23 Aug 05

I have had horrendous problems with viruses, trojans, downloaders etc and eventually had to have the hard disk replaced. Yes, my Norton anti-virus program was up to date, but I hadn't got SP2 installed (on the advice of Mesh a year ago), so haven't been installing windows updates.

Can someone tell me how to check my website at http:\\freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~sheilaweston for viruses. I just hope that I haven't been infecting other people through this site.

Sheila

Diodorus Siculus 11:34 23 Aug 05

If you have a local copy of your site, why not scan locally for presence of a virus, delete the old site and reload it with the clean version.

sheila.weston 11:49 23 Aug 05

Good idea, Diodorus, but my main website is huge. I'll do this on my site at click here, though.

Diodorus Siculus 11:56 23 Aug 05

If you are on broadband then you should be ok; it may take a while on diaup though!

sheila.weston 12:24 23 Aug 05

I have the ordinary Dial Up connection and it was something like 24 hours, when I last looked!

Diodorus Siculus 19:06 23 Aug 05

Any friends who have BB and who may be able to offer help? A quick ftp transaction would sort it out for you.

igk 19:57 23 Aug 05

Your web hosting company are responsible for security and content on its servers,not you, they will soon complain if they have any reports of trojans/viruses from people visiting it,I had cause to visit a game cheat site for my son some time ago and had an immeditate trojan warning from my antivirus software,I traced the hosters and complained in 30 minutes I had an e-mail saying that it was being delt with and an hour later saying they had shut the site down..

sheila.weston 11:19 25 Aug 05

Ah... Many thanks, igk. I think I can relax now!
Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…