How can I check mail on server but not download it

Dan 18:48 18 Jan 04

I tried Mailwasher for a while and it's ok, except it's somewhat unreliable and kept crashing so I uninstalled it.

I'd like to be able to check the mail on the server and delete it only actually uploading the stuff I want (partly because I'm also having problems with the server getting stuck halway through downloading the mail to me).

I'm using Outlook Express on XPHome

cheers for ideas

VoG II 18:53 18 Jan 04

Who is your ISP - some have a web mail facility where you can look at (and read, if you want) your mail.

Dan 19:00 18 Jan 04

and I'm currently having a bad time raising their site too....quite why my ISP is BT is becoming a matter all in itself.

So I'd really like something seperate from them, or as seperate as possible.

lpl56407 19:02 18 Jan 04
  lpl56407 19:02 18 Jan 04

Use Advance logon

Chegs ® 19:14 18 Jan 04

Not perfect,but try Opera browser,with its email cfg'ed for OE mailbox.Then you can at least look at the mail,without d/l it.

Dan 19:20 18 Jan 04

You genius I'd forgotton all about mail2web!

Excellent this is just what I need and I don't even have to have more stuff on the hard drive.

thanks a lot to you both

crimbo 19:28 18 Jan 04

I'm with BT, and if you access the BTopenworld website, there is a facility to check your email on the website without downloading it. You're also able to write emails from the site, which i find invaluable. I'm in the Army and can keep track without using a spam ridden hotmail account. Regards, Kevin

Big Elf 19:31 18 Jan 04

I use email remover from click here

Big Elf 20:06 18 Jan 04

Which one did you go for?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…