How can I change the default font size in WordPad?

Murray 13:08 22 Jun 03

I know its seems like an odd request, but my grandfather has recently started to use a computer and is slowly getting more advanced. I don't think he's ready for full blown Word yet, as he only writes letters. He was asking how to make the default font size something other than size 10?

I looked in my version (on win2k) and there is no default button in the Format, Font dialog.

He has Windows 95.

Dazwm 13:10 22 Jun 03

You should be able to go to the header Format then Font to change the font size

Murray 13:15 22 Jun 03

I/He can change the font easily enough, its just that there is no button the set the default, so it starts with size 12 every time.

jazzypop 13:20 22 Jun 03

It can't be done - see click here for a useful explanation of the many other limitations in the early versions of Wordpad.

That's the bad news...the good news is that because it was so limited, there are literally 100's of free replacement / alternatives. See click here for a selection that should work under W95

Murray 15:14 22 Jun 03

will download one or two and send them to him (he lives in Portugal so technical support is rather limited).

Big Elf 15:26 22 Jun 03

You could format a document to the requirements and then save it as, say, 'Template.rtf' and place a shortcut to it on the desktop. When you open this template you can 'Save As' with a new file name immediately (so you don't accidentally overwrite the template). Also you can use this method to produce other templates e.g. letter head. It does clutter the desktop though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…