How can I build my own site with member facilities

SUZIEB1988 11:55 13 Aug 07

Hi, I wounder if you can help. I'm looking to build my own website. I have a passion for german engineered cars such as BMW,AUDI ETC. anyways, I would like my website to have a gallery with videos that members can post, obvious member facilities, forums and discussion boards and just general pages I would like to build it all myself, I was thinking building it online or using a program I have no idea what I am doing can anyone suggest somewhere I can make this kind of site, how much space I will need, How can I get member facilities and forums or what wed building site will support such a thing.
p.s I'm on a tight budget.. !!!

louandel 12:48 14 Aug 07

I dont know about ready made applications but if you want to build your site is by using microsoft web developer express which is for designers who want to build dynamic web sites. Your site would have to be to include membership etc. The platform is asp.net 2.0 and you can use c# or visual basic. you dont need a great knowledge of programming knowledge as this application is very much wisywig.
the membership facility that is built into it is very easy to use. there are tutorials on how to use the application at the msdn developer centres. This is not the only application. Others may suggest open source php based apps. It maybe a good idea to look around first.

good luck

louandel
click here

Patr100 20:05 14 Aug 07

As a relative beginner, If you choose your web host package well. it should include user friendly facilities for password protected (members only) sections and memebers forum add ons etc - though there are a number of free forums that you could also probably incorporate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant