How can I block this 'random' spam?

Senile Syd 19:09 02 Jan 05

Recently I've been getting an annoying number of e-mails, apparently sent from one-time addresses by people whose surnames have few if any vowels, and whose subject-lines are written in the sort of bizarre pseudo-English spewed out by automatic translation software.

Any mild amusement obtained from wondering who these morons (this moron?) might be and what they (he? she?) might possibly hope to achieve has long since evaporated, and it's now become just a damn nuisance to mdelete each one individually. However, I can see nothing consistent about any of this junk that would allow me to concoct a Message Rule to block it.

How do you hit a random moving target?

I'm using Outlook Express with Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. I also have McAfee's Internet Security Suite 2005, AdAware, Spybot S&D and CW Shredder, all of which are up to date.

TIA — and Happy New Year to all...

johnnyrocker 19:16 02 Jan 05

click here and get yourself mailwasher or spam killer or suchlike.

johnny.

Senile Syd 19:28 02 Jan 05

Thanks for the link, and for the instant response.

Can either MailWasher or SpamKiller automatically block spam sent from once-only IPs using once-only Sender names and once-only Subjects?

Senile Syd 15:10 05 Jan 05

^Bump^

Senile Syd 19:11 12 Jan 05

Can't win 'em all, eh? I'll have another look for common factors. Can you filter on "If sender's surname contains no vowels..."?

:>)

Senile Syd 19:12 12 Jan 05

..to tick box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now