How can I add a voice recording to e-mail in OE6 ?

I have a microphone, it records using One Note so I know it is working. I have Win. XP, Media PLayer9 and Office 2003 (if that helps!)NVidia Sound Card
How can I record an audio message to play in my e-mails ?
thanks

spanneress 09:49 19 May 04

What file format are the voice / sound files saved as? If a .wav file etc, just save it, start the e-mail and attach as normal...make sure it is a sound file that will be compatible to the recipient..they may not have the same software as you.

johnnyrocker 10:03 19 May 04

create a wav file then in new mail select insert and it will ask if sound, then select from source and attach, it will then give you the option of play continuous or a specific amounts of time.

johnny.

In one note they aren't saved as .wav files . How do I record a .wav file? (what software do I need?)

€dstowe 11:06 19 May 04

Are you sure the recipients of your emails will want a voice message with them?

Remember that sound files are relatively large comapred with text files.

Anyone sending me an email with sound gets on the blocked senders list straightaway.

spanneress 11:51 19 May 04

Debe

think the wav files are the windows default. Try saving one of your file types as a .wav and see what happens.

Also try searching for a wav files that exists ( a windows default sound) and attaching that to a mail and sending it to either another e mail addy of yours, if not to a freind and see if that can get through first. Has the recipient got same SW as you?

Thanks-it isn't that I want to send huge files just grandparents who would like to hear a simple "Hello" from my daughter.
I have found "Sound recorder" under Accessories/entertainment and that records and saves to a .wav file so that will do for attaching to my e-mails.
Thanks for all your help!

techpro 13:52 19 May 04

I found a nice sound recorder called WavePad. It will record MP3 audio files, which are much smaller than WAVs. It's a free download from click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…