how can I add my dvd's to my computer

woofwoofbark 06:52 04 Nov 05

Hi there , I'd love to add my 'music dvd's/films' to my computer , poor me hasnt got surround sound (yet) in the living room but have it in the room on the comp.

is this possible , and , if so , how do I go about it ?

many thanks

geo

woofwoofbark 06:55 04 Nov 05

will they take up a lot of space and is there a program to squeeze or shrink them , i have a spare HD connected thats free 40 gig (its actually split to read as 2 20 gig hd's)

hope you can help

cheers

geo

howard63 09:05 04 Nov 05

to be honest I do not understand what you want to do.

woofwoofbark 09:28 04 Nov 05

I have bought dvd's that I want to load onto my computer , I sit and watch them on the tv in the main room but i want to add load them onto my hard drive so that I can watch them on the comp , is this possible ?

cheers

geo

Nick R. 10:01 04 Nov 05

A 2 hour DVD is about 4.7 gigabytes you can save them on your hard drive but you'd need a DVD player or recorder to do so, or else a broadband connection to download them from the internet. You can however buy a DVD player (DVD rom drive) for your pc for about £13 or a DVD recorder and player for £23 (see microdirect.co.uk)then you could play them straight from the drive. You would however need to have it fitted if you couldn't do it yourself.

Carbonara 10:03 04 Nov 05

Why not just play them (from the original disc) through your computer? You can copy them to HDD (not legal) but why waste disc space?

woofwoofbark 10:09 04 Nov 05

thanks for the tip Nick R. I'll look into it , Carbonara you make a good point ! i think i'd be lazy in picking the dvd and playing it when i can just goto My Music and play from there , but yeah at nearly 5 gb a disk I think I'll just throw it into a drive when i wanna watch it.

cheers for your help

many thanks

geo

Sirpad 10:09 04 Nov 05

Something tells me you don't have a DVD drive? This has not been established yet. Do you have one?

If you do haev one then why can't you just play them from the disc as Carbonara suggested?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…