How can I access my full external SD Card memory?

garybaxendale 17:28 12 Jul 14

Hi folks, thought that somebody out there may have an answer to my problem so here goes... I purchased a DD Yarvik TAB09-100 Android tablet with a 4GB internal memory. I bought a 32GB micro SD Card for external storage. All was well up until about 2 weeks. In the settings menu and when selecting 'storage' the screen shows how much space is available in internal storage as well as space available on external memory which in my case shows up as 29.71GB available but when I select 'Apps' and then select 'On SD Card' it shows up of only having 1.3GB of external memory free. I have tried other SD Cards but come up with the same result. Has anyone in computer land have any ideas on what could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wee eddie 19:09 13 Jul 14

It's all down to how GB's are measured.

By the 1000 or the 1024. Either 'bytes' or 'bits' , I can't remember

Forum Editor 22:55 13 Jul 14

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

imendpc 14:51 14 Jul 14

It is due to the way your tablet's Android version using "SD Card". Looks like your "SD Card" is reporting 1.3GB of your 4GB internal memory. Your 4GB internal memory is split into system memory and usable "SD Card". An inserted memory is reported as "removable/microSD" or "SDCard2", extSDCard or words to that effect. Try to download an app called "X-Plore" which is a file manager or equivalent then you can access your "SD Card" and "SD Card2"/"ExtSD Card" readily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced