How can I...

Chris1986 11:59 04 Sep 07

Cut my website down, The website currently loads up 11mb at the start, (taking a long time to load). What i wish to do is to have it load the music and the front page, and then when clicking on one of the other links it will load that up. Thus hoping to cut the websites loading times.

Please Help...!

Chris

PS. Website is click here

Chris1986 08:58 05 Sep 07

HELP...!

Please...!

Forum Editor 00:05 07 Sep 07

is one of the slowest loaders I've ever seen, in fact after five minutes the Flash loader was jammed at 6% on my computer, and I gave up.

How can you speed it up?

1. get rid of the music file - music irritates people more than almost anything else.

2. Convert the site from Flash to HTML.

Nowadays people just will not wait for endless Flash loaders to churn out the index page - research has shown that they want to get at the site content within six seconds or move on. Unless you have a very particular reason for using Flash I recommend that you abandon it in favour of a fast-loading html site that will be far easier to update.

Forum Editor 09:40 07 Sep 07

and your site loaded for me in about 30 seconds.

The music is very irritating, and even worse, the stop control isn't clearly labelled, so people will have a problem turning it off..

I can see that you've used a Flash template for your site, and some parts of it aren't working. In addition, the red text on a dark red background is extremely difficult to read, and some people won't be able to read it at all.

My advice is that you spend a lot more time tweaking the site -make sure that all the links and navigation work properly, and seriously consider losing the music.

IClaudio 17:41 07 Sep 07

Red text against red background??

IClaudio 17:45 07 Sep 07

....I would normally have given up at about the '25% loaded' point and moved on!

123joey123 14:16 19 Sep 07

I've just come across yr website.Who do you think is going to wait for this site to load?

Marko797 14:19 19 Sep 07

Gave up after 10 secs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…