How can I .......?

Indigo 1 23:11 03 Mar 04

I need to get some info from a friends old HDD.

I need to find out his ISP details.

Is this possible ?

VoG II 23:14 03 Mar 04

Not if they were on dial-up. Why do you need their ISP address?

Indigo 1 23:22 03 Mar 04

They don't know which one they have been using.

I have found allsorts of programs from ISP's on their HDD including AOL, Freeserve, Btinternet.com and many more.

The old PC with this info is now dead so I have loaded their HDD into mine and am getting out all their relevant info to transfer to their new PC.

Indigo 1 23:24 03 Mar 04

Would F&S tranfer wizard help ?

The old PC ran on W98 my PC has W XP Pro installed.

Nosmas 23:25 03 Mar 04

Don't understand why you have started this thread when you've already had responses to this question on your previous thread click here

Sir Radfordin 23:25 03 Mar 04

Get their last phone bill and look at which number of the ones you can find on the old PC has been called most recently.

Though if they are paying for a fixed price service they should know who they are paying it to - and there will be an email address for their account that will give it away.

If it is only a PAYG dialup one and they don't know the email address for it then why not just set up a new one?

dazzling (work) 23:27 03 Mar 04

you only need the name of the isp.try and see if you can look up the properties of the default dial up connection this may give you an idea of what isp but if they have not got username etc youll still have to setup a new account.darren

Indigo 1 23:36 03 Mar 04

Thank you all

I started a new thread because I wasn't getting any replies to the other one so I decided to word it differntly.

Thanx again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…