How can the audio output on a laptop be boosted?

dalglish 12:58 15 Feb 05

Hi, I'm quite disappointed with the poor volume from my laptop speakers and wonder is there any way to boost this?
I recognise sound is not a laptop's strength.
The device is a Sigma Tel audio device.
Audio playback settings are set to maximum sample rate conversion and also hardware acceleration maximum too.

Completealias 13:09 15 Feb 05

Try a set of seperate speakers the ones built into the case aren't up to much normally

Stuartli 13:33 15 Feb 05

The separate speakers is the best bet as suggested - an active rather than passive set of speakers would boost the signal considerably (i.e. speakers with a built-in amplifier).

DrScott 14:33 15 Feb 05

I think you can also buy a separate audio card which plugs in the pcmia slot or usb.

dalglish 18:35 15 Feb 05

thanks guys

dalglish 18:35 15 Feb 05

thanks guys

TomJerry 23:48 15 Feb 05

Sony SRS-T70 Personal Speakers are absoutely fantastic, you will be impresed the sound volumn and quality pumped out by such tiny speakers, hunt around and you can find under £20 click here

Stuartli 12:05 16 Feb 05

Many of the Sony earphones for use with personal CD players etc also have remarkable sound quality for such tiny earpieces and are similar in price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…