How to bypass local security policy?

janiman 14:39 12 Feb 15

A new network admin came to our office and he restricted all the users in Local Security Policy. I can not install or remove a program, and can not access many other tools of windows that i use on daily basis. Even USB is not working. Is there any solution or way to bypass this security policy. I,m using windows 7 and i,m a user. He has the admin account.

mole1944 14:48 12 Feb 15

Network admin have done a good job,it's not your pc and what happens if you get a virus,it also makes sure company assets are not compromised. You should be working not pratting about on your companys pc,simple as,i'm admin on my system and trust me no one but no one gets anything past my system lockdown.

robin_x 15:03 12 Feb 15

If you, or any user, needs features or apps for your work, then you can ask for sufficient permissions to do so or for them to be installed or allowed on your behalf on a case by case basis.

If you don't need them for your work you are unlikely to be granted an exception.

A simple, common annoyance for me is not having access to Firefox or Chrome browsers on a particular machine when others do.

ie It has just been forgotten about, not due to any particular security concerns.

If you want to chop and change between a myriad of browsers though, that would be a different matter.

lotvic 19:30 12 Feb 15

You will have to ask the new network admin. He has the admin account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017