How to build php database

FUNKAM11 07:43 07 Jun 05

I want to be able to add search facilities to my estate agents website, Ive discovered I need to do this using mysql and php. How do I build a searchable database? I built my website myself using html but am clueless when it comes to this?Please help

FUNKAM11 09:06 07 Jun 05

Im having terrible problems downloading PHP as cant get through to php.net

harristweed 09:40 07 Jun 05

Try Here

click here

Taran 16:07 24 Jul 05

You don't need to use PHP and MySQL at all, unless of course you already have an active MySQL database of your property listings, in which case it would make sense to add a search feature into the existing setup.

click here for a bunch of CGI scripts that can run pretty fast searches on the static content in your HTML pages.

You can also get similar scripts in most other web languages (ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, .NET etc) but the CGI scripts work reasonably well and most people have CGI support from their host.

Microsoft FrontPage, if you have it, has its own site search applet built in as long as your web host supports FrontPage Server Extensions.

If you are already running a MySQL/PHP site to feature your property listings then you can add a search function into it but there is no easy way to offer a walk-through on the process since it depends entirely on how the database is designed, its table and field names, and a whole lot of other factors.

T

Taran 18:53 24 Jul 05

I meant to add that PHP is the language used to interact with the database. You use PHP in your web pages and it allows you to add/remove/edit etc information held in the database.

The database itself will be MySQL.

Just wanted to be clear on that point.

T

Forum Editor 20:04 24 Jul 05

there's no need to use PHP for this - you can do it using a simple Perl script.

click here for one such script.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…