How to build a PC

CutNpaste 22:12 16 Oct 06

Well i've bought all the components needed. I do know which part connects to which and all parts are compatible.
The only part i am not comfortable with is the partt where i would connect the motherboard to the case.

Last time i built one i attatched the mobo to the case and it was touching the case and it blew. since then i never touched it but gave it to the shops.

This time round i have a case that has raised screw holes that would hold the mobo but it is brass. Im trying to find out if this will affectt the motherboard or do i need some plastic connectors.

Or can some one point me to some tutorials on how to build computers.

Thanks

Eargasm 22:29 16 Oct 06

Have a look at click here

woodchip 22:30 16 Oct 06

A mobo should be earthed at the screws, but other bits should not touch.

Do it like this first get some card and fit Graphics card one stick of ram connect the ATX plug also fit CPU and fan with thermal compound in between. Put the CPU and fan in first. look for power pins bottom right corner of board that the start button connects to touch these both at the same time with power on this should trigger the mobo to start, don't forget your monitor keyboard and mouse. If you can get to BIOS then all is well. Next you should try same setup in case. To stop the PC just pull the Plug. It's Ok Like this but do not do it with the Hard Drive Connected

Trackrat 23:35 16 Oct 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…