how to build a marketing email

anglefish 22:54 16 Dec 08

I run a b&b and want to send an annual marketing email to my customers. I receive lots of these and was wondering how they are built so that when someone opens the email it has colour + pics etc? do you build an html page then insert it into an email? any help is much appreciated. thanks

MAJ 22:59 16 Dec 08

You might receive them anglefish, but many people do not want or like HTML format emails and they use plain text email only, so your email would be useless and most unwelcome to them. Much better to create a webpage and post them a link to it.

anglefish 23:10 16 Dec 08

i see your point. I think with my returning guests they would be happy with an html one but other not. Any points would be good, even if just as a learning curve. thanks anyway

MAJ 23:28 16 Dec 08

It would be easiest to create a new Stationery template that you could use at will. I'll assume you're using Outlook Express. Create your page with any web creation software that you might have, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, etc. Then save it to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery folder along with any images you have used. Then when composing your new email to send, go to OE > Message > New Message Using > Select Stationery and choose the one you just created.
Or you can create it in OE itself by composing a new email then go to File > Save as Stationery.

anglefish 22:03 17 Dec 08

thank u so much maj.

Taff™ 08:22 18 Dec 08

I send out e-bulletins to 350 members of a society as well as quarterly newsletters to my clients. Because of the fact that some of the recipients only use text mail as Maj said, we create the newsletter in Word and convert it to PDF, then send it as an attachment.

In the body of the e-mail I put references to the contents of the attached newsletter (Highlights of the contents) to encourage them to open it and read the full article. I also provide links to important news which is duplicated on the society or my website. This approach sort of covers most angles and recipients can choose which method of accessing the information.

golfpro 08:50 18 Dec 08

"angelfish"
I stay in a lot of B and Bs and have the web sites of them all in my laptop, I don't want to go looking through lots of emails when I need one in a certain area. I find a well thought out web page with all the links good photos etc. is very helpful. OK old customers will know what its like, but what about the new ones.
It would save you time and money also.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…