How big is XP service pack 3

VNAM75 23:15 02 Sep 08

The download was about 300mb but it appears to have taken over 2gb in hard drive space after installation. Is this normal?

provider 2 23:21 02 Sep 08
  VNAM75 23:25 02 Sep 08

Thanks, I think it might be due to the system restore. As it was installing it was backing up files.

provider 2 23:33 02 Sep 08

I`m really not sure about that.

Installation of SP3 wiped all of the restore points made by SP2 over the past several months on my pc.

SP3 has begun to make new ones, though; automatic (system checkpoint), software distribution and manual, of course.

I was half convinced that this was by design i.e. SP2 restore points being of no use to SP3, but I have no real evidence for that since for most people, I think, the restore points have been retained.

VNAM75 23:52 02 Sep 08

I've always wondered that if you'd kept up to date with updates (which is what sp3 is?) you don't need it, and whether you'd be installing updates you already have.

woodchip 00:00 03 Sep 08

SP3 no set Size, It depends on what you have already loaded on your comp, also if you need it all

VNAM75 00:02 03 Sep 08

"depends on what you have already loaded on your comp"

That explains it. I think I was a bit behind with mine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…