How to back up upgrades

PC840 22:53 22 Jun 14
Answered

I'm going to do a fresh install of Windows7, how do I back up the Windows7 upgrades? I've done the , etc.

PC840 22:57 22 Jun 14

I've done the data! And as it is on a dongle I don't want to use all the credit.

lotvic 01:04 23 Jun 14

I don't think you can backup the updates from your harddrive as these have already been installed, so are no longer separate files that you can click on.

You could download the ones you want and save them for later install. Maybe you could ask a friend who has good internet allowance to download them for you.

How to download and save Windows Updates for future/later install

Open Internet Explorer (not other browsers) and go to: click here catalog.update.microsoft.com

You'll be prompted to install the catalog so click on yes/ok

In the search box type: Windows 7

This will display all the updates, update rollups, Critical Updates etc. for you to choose from.

You can click on Add (to basket) and then download to a folder to save the ones you want.

lotvic 01:19 23 Jun 14

Have a read of this thread on sevenforums.com/windows-updates-backup for more info on what is in the folder on your harddrive and more tips on downloading and saving the rest.

PC840 11:09 23 Jun 14

' Maybe you could ask a friend who has good internet allowance to download them for you.' Yip, that looks like the best answer! Cheers.

lotvic 12:53 23 Jun 14

Happy that helped :)

You can green tick thread 'Resolved' by clicking on any one of the big grey ticks below a post, it will turn Green then when page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved'

Jollyjohn 13:13 23 Jun 14
Answer

When you have completed the fresh install and all updates and installed your main programs, create a System Image, then you can restore your PC to this point very quickly.

The facility to create a System Image is built into Windows 7.

isca2 20:40 23 Jun 14

You might find this also of some interest click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…