How to automatically start your pc with your BIOS?

SlugAdmiralLord 19:28 19 Nov 14

At the computers at school I saw this option where you could start your pc automatically every day at a specific time, I tried the same thing at home but I couldn't find that same option since it's a different BIOS.

Now what I really want to know if it's possible that my BIOS doesn't have the feature and if that's the case how do I get to start my pc at a specific time.

Just in case this is necessary, I have a Medion computer, Windows 7, 64-bit, Product name of the BIOS "MS-7667", BIOS version "E7667HLN.20L".

Thank you in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:49 19 Nov 14

Navigate to the Power Options.

look for "Resume by Alarm" / Wake from Alarm or similar.

Enable that setting and set the time you want your computer to start every day.

Save and Exit the BIOS, and your computer should boot on that schedule from now on.

SlugAdmiralLord 16:21 20 Nov 14

Well the problem really is that I can't find that kind of option. I took a screenshot of the Power Management option center. click here here the wakeup event setup option. click here this helps

And Maybe

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 20 Nov 14

Enable ACPI Auto configuration and hope you get this

SlugAdmiralLord 16:11 21 Nov 14

Only the "enable hibernation" has disappeared when I enabled that. click here

robintheumpteenth 18:11 21 Nov 14

Some years ago I wanted to wake up my PC (with printer) so I didn't have to go upstairs to turn it on for printing from downstairs.

I looked into all sorts of S3 and WOL (Wake on LAN) and Magic Packet ideas. None worked and many said I would need an extra motherboard cable.

I gave up in the end, but some time later found that LogMeIn Free would usually (but not always) do it. Perhaps only from Sleep, not Hibernate. I can't remember now.

Sadly LogMeIn is no longer free and I don't think the alternatives do it anyway.

You might be able to get a 13A Mechanical Timer for the power socket and set Auto-start after Power Failure in the BIOS.

You could look through these schedule ideas, but if your BIOS doesn't support it you'll be out of luck.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 21 Nov 14

What do you get when clicking om wake up event start up?

SlugAdmiralLord 14:38 22 Nov 14

Well yeah it seems like my BIOS doesn't support it. And if there's nothing I can do without paying I'll just keep starting it manually then.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 22 Nov 14

Sorry but that appear to be the fact for your BIOS it does not support power up on schedule.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017