How are you suppose to remove Case Side Panel

Giggle n' Bits 22:40 14 Apr 03

on a Medion tower PC model No.MT5 or MED MT5 ?

My friend phoned me with his computer and says its sort of welded and no screws. Erhh his CDrtr drive has packed up and he want to remove it to put a new one in.

I have never seen a medion close up so anyone out there know how the opposite case side panel/the side panel that is on the rear of the M/board comes off.

Or is it a Electric Drill job.

AMD 4 ever 22:45 14 Apr 03

does the face pop off first, the pull the sides off from the front. ??

Pesala 23:18 14 Apr 03

It must be one of those "quick release" cases. No need to go find a screwdriver, just have to find the User's Guide instead (~_~) or appeal to PCAdvisor members to see if they have one. Have you thought of dynamite yet?

monkeyshine 23:30 14 Apr 03

On Medions the screws are at the rear of the unit, once you remove them the sides slide out to the rear

Giggle n' Bits 00:40 15 Apr 03

only if I can access the plastic stubs on the inner of both sides. So not able to remove the front plastic facia without snapping them perminantly.

Erhh Pesala, user guide will mention that. to see if there is out in it.

monkeyshine, there is only one side panel held on buy x2 screws. The other side panel has no screws and also cover over to the top and a underneath panel. All edges have a hole like array on the edge. No screws no movement.

May mention a thin flat screw driver or TNT.

He also wanted to put in a new PSU. Which hwen he did the psu would only go in one way round and the Grill vent edge on psu would only go flush against the top of the case, so over heating possible I said.

As well as still wanting more imut on the Removal of the case cover would be interested in is there suppose to be a special or certain PSU for these medions ?.

Thanks all for your imput and any one else have any ideas on the case panel or PSU it/they will be really appreaciated.

monkeyshine 00:56 15 Apr 03

Only the right Panel (viewed from the back) has screws, when you remove this you should be able to do whatever you want.

Giggle n' Bits 01:04 15 Apr 03

Think he's gone to bed. Will see him tomorrow night and post back.

Thanks monkeyshine for the recall, appreciated !.

vaughan007 08:29 15 Apr 03

To remove a medion case panel you undo the two screws holding it on at the back of the computer.

Find the two screws (only on one side of the computer).

On the same side as the screws you will see two little "lips", which you can fit a flat screw driver into, about a 1/4 of the way up the side of the panel and the second one about 3/4 of the way up the side panel.

The case cover slides off to the back and if it is the first time it has been removed it is very stiff indeed. Take your flat screw driver and ease the panel backwards a few millimeters at a time. When it gets so far you should just be able to pull it the rest of the way with your fingers.

That is exactly how to remove a Medion case :-)

Golden rules to remember :- Case panel slides to the back. Only two screws hold it on. Can only remove one side.

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…