How to aligning a footer on a web page?

murgle 09:42 23 Oct 05

Hello,

My spares website is just about done, but I need to have the footer appear at the bottom of the screen in exactly the same place on all the pages that don’t fill a page. If you go to click here and alternate between the "home page" and "contact us page" you will notice that the footer is a slightly different hight. I know there is a way of telling the footer to appear at the bottom of the page but just cant find out how.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

murgle 10:42 23 Oct 05

Sorry I'm using Frontpage 2003

Revi 12:07 23 Oct 05

Sorry murgle I hope you don’t mind, although I myself being a novice cannot help you to resolve your problem (surely our great FE or Taran will come to your rescue) may I nevertheless take the liberty to ask you how you got your banner with that interesting effect? I use Frontpage 2003 but, although as much as I would like to, I have not yet been able to find out how FP2003 can create such a banner! Thanks.

murgle 12:32 23 Oct 05

I few years back I purchaed a theme from a company in the US. The banner was part of that theme. I can try and find the company name for you if you like.

Kind regards

Revi 12:49 23 Oct 05

Thanks, no please don't bother! /Regards

djinn 13:12 23 Oct 05

Hey,

To position a footer in exactly the same position on each page, it's not possible with differing content, unless you consider a frame structure. Personally I wouldn't go down this road, I reckon most folks are cool with the footer being at the bottom of the content rather than being in the same position on each page.

The effect on the page is Flash - expensive to buy Macromedia's Flash - good alternative here.....

click here

HTH
Cheers

PurplePenny 13:38 23 Oct 05

I agree with djinn that most people are happy with the footer being at the bottom of the content.

In fact I'd go one step further: I think that I might wonder what was missing if there was a big gap between the content and the footer.

murgle 13:44 23 Oct 05

Ok, I have moved the footer up on the index page, but I'm not sure about it. Do you think it looks ok?

Thanks

ade.h 15:42 23 Oct 05

This is personal choice, but for me, the footer on the "contact us" page is a bit too close to the bottom edge of the browser window. There are various ways of changing that, but I tend to add a small rectangle that is the same colour as the bckground or make the text box larger. That would make it more like the homepage layout.

ade.h 15:45 23 Oct 05

"If a spares enquiry, you must provide following information" could use an "it's" and a "the".

Like your site design by the way.

murgle 15:58 23 Oct 05

Thanks for the input. I have changed the text you commented about. Also, thanks for the comments on the design.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…