how to adjust Ati 1150 for best game play ?

stephen0205 23:24 12 Dec 07

Hi there i have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop with windows xp pro media center, 2gb memory and it has an ATI xpress 1150. It can play wow and similar games, i bought guitar hero 3 and it plays but kindo of jerky. I have never touched any settings in te control center for the card and wouldnt know what to change, is there a guide to get full gaming potention out of this card

(i know its not built for gaiming but have bn told it can play most games)

And thanks for helping.

Totally-braindead 23:48 12 Dec 07

I read the Amazon website and someone who has it running on a 3 ghz Pentium with 1 gig of RAM has the same problem. Hes altered what game settings he can to lower the graphics but still says it lags.
Thats all you can do. Alter the game settings in the graphics to a lower level and see what happens.
I suppose it must need really powerful hardware to run properly and you might struggle with you laptop I'm afraid.

gudgulf 14:14 13 Dec 07

ttp://forums.multiplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54449

Even the minimum graphics card spec is well above what you have.

Given what the game is,the pc spec it requires is ridiculously high.

This quote "One thing about the PC version of Guitar Hero III that makes it potentially more difficult than its console brethren is the generally slothful performance the game can turn in. The steep minimum system requirements include a 2.8 GHz dual-core processor, a gig of RAM (2 gigs if you're running Vista), and either a Radeon X800 or Geforce 7600 video card to run. On the two systems we tested, which both exceeded these statistics, we still ran into some general sluggishness with the game. The 360 and PS3 versions of Guitar Hero III had some notable frame rate issues, but nothing quite like this. Notes will sometimes seem to be behind the music, and it's not uncommon to see notes just skip on down the fretboard to catch back up. For a rhythm game this is a killer, since precise timing is needed for success. The Vista machine we tested on displayed issues like this only on a very infrequent basis, and with a bit of lag calibration, it mostly ran quite well. However, the XP machine we used (which included a Pentium D 3.40 GHz dual-core processor, a gig of RAM, and a Geforce 7800 GTX video card) became practically unplayable in spots, even with all the graphical effects turned to low and the crowd graphics turned off. If your machine can run it fine, the game plays great, but if you run into these issues, you're going to end up frustrated." from click here sums it up.

gudgulf 14:17 13 Dec 07

Sorry,that first link should be click here

stephen0205 13:12 30 Dec 07

Thanks for the help, i have purchased a new laptop that plays the game fine. Thanks fot the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced