How to add second internal SATA RAID1 mirror disk

Krisps 22:54 03 Jul 06

I have one SATA 200 gb disk and use an external disk and Norton Ghost for back up. However as this overwrites the saved data each time I back up, and therefore I lose the backup before the next one is made, I whave bought another internal SATA disk to install as a mirror set up so it will give me 2 internal disks plus the external one for off- site security.
I am not sure if I will need to reformat my existing disk and therefore lose my current data as part of setting up the 2 internal disks using RAID 1 configuration, or if I can just install the second disk and leave my current data on disk 1 as it is. If it will be lost, can I copy the disk to my external disk and will it then load back to disk one afterwards if it has been changed to a new configuration?
I am advised to use CyberLink for the software, any thoughts?

ade.h 23:26 03 Jul 06

When you create the array, it will give the option to clone the existing data. If it's a good RAID chip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…