How To Add Photos To Website. Help Please!!!

Solartopi 18:02 23 Aug 07

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of building my own Family Website & wish to put photos in it. Can any one please tell me what's the best way to do this.

I have a Lexmark All-In-One X5470 to Scan the photos into my Computer. Oh yes and Adobe Photo Elements 2. What is the best DPI should I use to transfer it to my Website. I would like the pictures to be abled to click to Enlarge.

Thanks

Solartopi

DieSse 18:20 23 Aug 07

What webpage software are you using?

For instance WebEasy, which I use - it's just "insert image" during the page layout phase - hold down the Ctrl key as you drag and place the image, and a thumbnail is automatically generated - which will pop-up to a full size when clicked on. Couldn't be simpler. But it varies from software to software how you would do this.

Best dpi for websites is usually 72 (that's what most monitors used to view pictures work at.) The idea is to keep the file size down - which also means you should convert them to jpgs before inserting them into the webpage.

Solartopi 19:56 23 Aug 07

DieSse'

I have Mr. Site Takeaway Website. It has a Click Insert Image Box.

Oh dear, most of my Pictures that I have scanned in much earlier before I even thought of having a website was scanned in at 300 dpi because I thought some times I'd want to Print them and in lower dpi it wouldn't look good. That's the reason may be that the first picture inserted was huge.

Can I bring them to a website specification from the Scanned images.

Thanks DieSse

Solartopi

Snec 20:41 23 Aug 07

Jumping in here:
Yes you can!

I use click here

I first tried it out, as you can, before I bought it, some two years ago, just to do what you need to do.

VoG II 20:43 23 Aug 07

IrfanView click here will shrink images (for free).

2neat 22:54 23 Aug 07

use free Nvu WYSIWYG HTML editor click here

cycoze 02:12 24 Aug 07

As You have Adobe Photo Elements 2 there is no need to download any other programs for image editing.

You can crop and resize Your images then use the "save to web" feature which will allow You to shrink the file size.

Solartopi 16:48 24 Aug 07

Snec, VoG™, 2neat, cycoze,

Thanks very muck for all your info & advise I will try them all one by one.

Oh dear, I wonder why I took up the challange to Build our Family Website. But I'm sure when it's completed I can look back and say 'WOW you did Solartopi.' and of course, with the Help of PCA Forum Friends.

Solartopi

Solartopi 21:04 03 Sep 07

Thank you all!!!

I'm doing it all one step at a time & it looks good.

Solartopi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…