How to add an additional DVD drive

prestoni 14:17 10 Dec 05

I have recently aquired a new pc, it has a dvd rewriter in it. I would like to add an additional cd or dvd drive. there is a ribbon cable inside with the neccesaru connections. should I have to alter the master and slave jumpers and what is the prefferred combination. I am not totally ignorant of pc's but would like to do this upgrade myself as on the face of it it seams easy????????????????????/

Skills 14:21 10 Dec 05

Have the dvd writer set to master which is most likely is as its the only drive in there but it may be set to cable select. Set your second drive to slave and slide into place secure and attach all the cables up job done.

igk 14:25 10 Dec 05

A word of warning If this is a new computer check that it will not invalidate your guarantee by opening it up (the retaining screws at the back may have small seals on them so that the retailer/supplier can tell if you have been in it)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…