How to aceivate APM

shere-khan 07:14 08 Mar 03

I have a PC running XP Home. When I first installed XP it automatically powered the PC off when I shut down. I then had a problem with the power supply and as a result I had to get the PC repaired. Whilst being repaired the hard drive had to be replaced so I had to reinstall XP.
Whilst it was being repaired the repair company must have changed the BIOS settings as when XP was reinstalled it says APM is not available.
I have reset the BIOS to say APM is available but how do I get XP to rescognise this without deinstalling and resinstalling?
Anyone got any ideas.

Bacon & Eggs 07:30 08 Mar 03

Help and Support Center (Grr..americanisms) suggests that Power Options in the Control Panel may be able to help. However it only has the 'go into standby/hibernation after x minutes' options while memory suggests that the ATX function of turning itself off is somewhere else... it'll come to me in a bit...

-pops- 08:10 08 Mar 03

Get the repair company do do something - they altered the setup, it is their responsibility to put it back as it was - that's what you paid them for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…