How to access Command

Trikie 21:00 25 Mar 07

Epson R220 printer will not delete a print job.

Microsoft Help says at Command type "Enter Net Stop Spooler" then back to Command to type "Enter Net Start Spooler."

Where do I find the Command?

VoG II 21:01 25 Mar 07

Start, Run, type

cmd

and click OK.

Stuartli 21:09 25 Mar 07

Usual way is to right click on the printer's Document icon in the Notification bar and right click on the task(s) that you wish to delete.

Trikie 22:41 25 Mar 07

Thanks Stuartli - Doing this successfully deleted 6 of the 7 items but not the first one. The next ones were the result of not knowing what was wrong and keeping on trying to print.

My problem is deleting the the remaining one.

VoG, thanks for the help. This takes me into an area I haven't used before so would like a bit more guidance before going ahead.

I assume that when Microsoft say Enter this is an instruction of what to type in and that I do not actually type the word enter.

Do I type the first "stop"command on the last line of the existing text or start a new line. Ditto with the "start" command.

woodchip 23:09 25 Mar 07

try rebooting with Printer switched on it should ask if you want to print unprinted click cancel or delete

Trikie 23:36 25 Mar 07

Thanks woodchip. Rebooting didn't bring up the question but it did enable me to use the control panel to delete the print job in the usual way.

The next print was held on pause but the one after that worked as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now