How to access a certain radio station in the USA?

Triprajul 10:29 15 Apr 10

Greetings:

If this is not the appropriate Forum or website for this particular question, my sincere apologies. However, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My wife loves to listen to click here It is a country and western station based in the state of Georgia, USA. However, the last time she tried to access it, she got a message saying that the Internet content/access was no longer allowed because we lived in Canada. This is rather funny because we actually live in Saudi Arabia! Basically, it is available to 350 million Americans but not to people living in Canada, the UK or elsewhere. Frankly, does anyone know a simple method that I can use to access this radio station again? Any help given is greatly appreciated.

By the way, I do not want to use this info to access the usual banned sites in the Kingdom, namely and usually adult sites. Some people may find them great (and I have no objection to this) but I just see them as great places to pick viruses, malware, trojans, rootkits and other nasties very healthy for my computer. No thanks! If I can just access this radio station again, and nothing else, that is fine with me.

Clapton is God 11:37 15 Apr 10

You live in Saudi Arabia?

If so, I wouldn't assume that you have an automatic right to access any and all internet sites particularly those emanating from the 'Great Satan'.

Sea Urchin 11:40 15 Apr 10

Doesn't really help you - but I have no trouble accessing it here in the UK.

natdoor 12:07 15 Apr 10

It is possible to access the site and listen to some tracks but it is not possible to listen to the radio broadcast.

mgmcc 12:30 15 Apr 10

This sort of restriction is normally implemented by requiring that you have an IP address issued by an ISP in the particular country. You may be able to get around this by using a US based proxy server, so that you *appear* to have a US IP address.

Sea Urchin 14:36 15 Apr 10

The message didn't say you were in Canada - it said it can no longer provide the service to Canada (to anyone). But you can submit a request to be able to listen to outside the USA (if you are not in Canada) that takes up to 60 hours to be processed.

dvdcllns 16:33 16 Apr 10

Have you tried 'The Lounge'

click here

morddwyd 06:45 17 Apr 10

This applies to many US stations, though not all, following a recent digital rights ruling.

Most of the ones I listened to are no longer available.

Don't know if there is a way around it, though there probably is.

Certainly no American based or managed or owned ISP is going to flout the ban.

Boghound 11:16 17 Apr 10

I remember the "good old Days" when all TV/radio stations were available to any PC in any country...The same applies to ITV/BBC when I want to watch repeat programs outside the UK...and they wonder why torrent sites are so popular!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…