how to access bios!

annie1206 09:04 12 Jul 07

i know what i'm meant to do but when my pc boots up it does'tn give me any details, all it does is say emachines then windows? tried del and f4 and f1!

Sparkly 09:09 12 Jul 07

I think F8 might do it if i remember correctly keep tapping it whilst loading.

annie1206 09:11 12 Jul 07

thanks! i'll try it.

morning, found out what motherboard and bios you have yet?

annie1206 09:18 12 Jul 07

yes, i did the thing you told me to do, but was unsure how to post it on here. do you need all the info or just those bits. i did a full scan last night and it took an absolute age, its so confusing cos it just goes off, but when i was scanning it stayed on! when i was downloading the software you suggested, it went off half way through! it came on and off all night again too!

should take a couple of minutes at the most. so the pc is turning on and off? i think this maybe more than bios settings, do you have any av protection?

annie1206 10:30 12 Jul 07

yeah long story short, i didn't turn the pc on the other day but it was on, then it was off, then i turned it on and it went off, then (due to a leak in my bedroom) i slept in the living room and it went on/off all night, but only the fan, not to boot up. this web site on my home pc, has loads of pop ups so am at work. also i cannot access my hotmail account at home. i have mcaffee security suite, did a full scan last night, all it found and got rid of was some cookie rubbish!!

FreeCell 10:31 12 Jul 07

click here for annie1206 previous post about PC turning off and on for full picture.

bios may turn the pc on, but it wouldnt be turning it off. need more details really, what you have connected to usb ports etc, how old is it, what pc is it, have you changed anything recently etc, would really help if you could get belarc advisor to run and cut and paste the results here. sorry to hear about your bathroom!

annie1206 11:13 12 Jul 07

its 2 pages of stuff! do you need it all? all i have changed is the psu on recommendation.

C:\Program Files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp\(Stratoc-pc).html

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…