How?

misters 20:41 15 Jan 03
  misters 20:41 15 Jan 03

Simple question, "how do i get into my bios on win/98"? I thought i use to do it by holding the F8 button at start up but that doesn't seem to work, is it some other way?

PSF 20:44 15 Jan 03

Try pressing 'Del' on start-up.
When your pc starts press pause as soon as you see the first screen. If you look at the bottom it should tell you how to enter the BIOS.

woodchip 20:45 15 Jan 03

When you start your comp it should say on screen what to press to enter setup, like "Del key" which is the most popular or try "F1"

GeeWizzz 21:25 15 Jan 03

If you still haven't got there, don't just press DEL or press & hold, keep pressing it till the screen changes

VoG™ 22:13 15 Jan 03

Other possible keys to tap are ESC, F1, F2, F10, CTRL-DELETE

Wak 22:26 15 Jan 03

In Win 98, start tapping (once per second) the DELETE key as soon as you switch on.

Border View 22:28 15 Jan 03

"How" - great one for a search!

flecc 00:04 16 Jan 03

Some newer BIOS have a two stage entry, press Tab first to get to an intermediate screen, then Del to enter the BIOS.

Forum Editor 00:08 16 Jan 03

isn't relevant here - accessing the BIOS happens before Windows starts to load.

F8 gives you a safe-mode start into Windows - you need to press the delete key as others have suggested, or try some of their other possible key combinations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…