How to ?

rickf 11:19 27 Apr 06

I was given an old laptop with win.95 loaded. I haven't got the software to to reinstall windows. Tha last owner's registration details are still there. How do I get rid of it w/o the installation discs for win 95? Its very old and has no cd drive so I'm limited to floppies. Thanks.

JoeC 13:02 27 Apr 06

This programme can boot from a floppy

click here

rickf 13:17 27 Apr 06

I Know I can wipe the h/d but I don't have the win 95 floppies to reinstall. Thanks anyway

VoG II 13:21 27 Apr 06

Try Change Registered Owner click here

xania 13:24 27 Apr 06

I thinnk you're asking for trouble trying to install WIndows 95 from floppy, but if you insist then click here
I would recommend an external CD reader. I assume that you will not have any PCMCIA or USB ports so you'll be limited to Serial or parallel connection.
click here.

Now all you need is to get hold of a CD for the OS you want to install and off you go.

Phphred 13:25 27 Apr 06

click here
Ebay Win 95 OS

Phphred 13:27 27 Apr 06

Sorry it is a disk not a floppy

Phphred 13:31 27 Apr 06

click here

A set of Win 95 Floppies

Put "Win 95 os Floppy" in the Ebay search box !!

aceofbass 15:23 27 Apr 06

If all you want to do is remove the details of the previous owner you can do this without reinstalling Windows.

Run Regedit (first make a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong)

Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion.
To change the values of the Registered Owner or Product I.D just double-click on them and enter the new data.

rickf 15:56 27 Apr 06

Hi people,
Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. Enough for me to go by and see if any works. Will come back if not. I like the idea of an external CD Drive. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…