How 2 transfer program frm computer A 2 computer B

Triprajul 13:44 05 Nov 10

Greetings:

In my apartment, I have two desktop computers but they are not on any kind of network. Recently, VLC media player “died” on computer A during an update. I removed the program but I have been unable to download the program again perhaps due to problems with the wireless network I am now on. However, I have a working version of VLC on computer B. I also have a portable external hard disk (PEHD). I know that I can download the VLC program to the PEHD to then download the program to the second computer from the PEHD. Frankly, however, I don’t know how to transfer a complete program from a computer to a portable, external hard disk. Finally, the computer with the functioning VLC MP uses the XP (SP2) OS and the one without the program uses the VISTA OS. Any advice or suggestions given are greatly appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:50 05 Nov 10

Download and save VLC setup file onto the external drive or a memory stick (or if you still have the original setup file copy to ex drive or stick)

Connect ex drive or stick to other machine and copy to hardrive then double click the setup file to install VLC.

Triprajul 15:11 05 Nov 10

Dear Fruit Bat:

Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated.

Your answer seems logical but how do I find the VLC setup file on my computer? As mentioned earlier, I use the Vista OS on the computer with the functioning VLC media player. BTW, I deleted the original setup file some time ago.

Again, thank you for your quick reply and I look forward to reading your and perhaps others postings.

anchor 15:19 05 Nov 10

Here is the VLC download site:

click here

From here you can obtain a new installation file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5