Housebound and can't get my most important site

joseph K 22:20 07 Oct 04

Hi!
At the moment I am unfortunately housebound, consequently I am doing my shopping at Tesco.com

Suddenly I find that I can get any website except
Tesco.com (this has been happening for the past 36 hours or, so).

Has anyone got any ideas please, as I am at a complete loss. Even more so because I am able to get Tesco's Irish site which is almost exactly the same. This seems to rule out any likelihood that any of my settings may be wrong - a long shot anyway as I am able to get anything else.

I use neotrace and have found that the signal goes into the Bristol Channel (approximately Lundy) and then stops.

Could anyone have messed this up from outside. I'm thinking that perhaps a friend is having a 'laugh'.

stalion 22:41 07 Oct 04

try clearing your internet history folder

AngeTheHippy 22:53 07 Oct 04

I'm certainly not being flippant here, but how about Sainsury online? or Asda? are theya aviilable in your area?

AngeTheHippy
xx

joseph K 23:08 07 Oct 04

I have 'webroot washer pro' set to wash just about everything Stallion. As for the other supermarkets Ange(the fellow hippy), I am a bit out in the sticks on the Gower Peninsula, so I am only able to shop from Tesco.com. Roll on being able to get out again!

THE TERMINATOR 23:14 07 Oct 04

what does it say when you try to connect to tesco.com

Smegs 23:16 07 Oct 04

click here can you do it like this joseph K. Just a thought.

Dan the Confused 23:21 07 Oct 04

I remember going to Lundy Island many years ago when I lived in Bideford, it was on the Oldenberg Ferry I think. Can't think of anything there that would stop the signal (rather bleak as I recall). Sounds like a problem at Tesco.com's end.

joseph K 23:26 07 Oct 04

I'm getting the 'Page cannot be displayed etc. etc.' page no matter which way I try it.Thanks for the link, but the same result unfortunatly. Having given me that, I presume you have no difficulty Smegs

marjted 23:36 07 Oct 04

click here

Here's the grocery log in page for an alternative shot at it.

I could try sending you the home page as an e-mail attachment for another attempt if you wish.

joseph K 23:47 07 Oct 04

Same again I'm afraid. Thanks for the offer of the e-mail, I would really appreciate it. How can I let you know what it is without broadcasting it?

Dan the Confused 23:49 07 Oct 04

Found this on Tesco.com help:

By phone:
Grocery
Telephone 0845 7225533, 9am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday

Books, Music, Video, DVD, Flowers, Games and Wine
Telephone 0845 7225533, 9am to 11pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 6pm Sunday

Electricals
Telephone 0870 6076060 8am to 11pm (7 days a week)

Clubcard
Telephone 0800 591688, 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday

Tesco Stores
Telephone 0800 505555, 9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday, or email us

Tesco.net Technical Helpdesk
0906 301 8000, 8am to midnight 7 days a week. Calls charged at 50p a minute. Or email us at [email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…