Hotmetal pro

Cousins 14:37 23 Nov 07

Hi
I used hotmetal pro to design my work web site a number of years ago . It now looks very old fashioned what would people recommend to use that is not to difficult to master. Is net object fusion any good .Please look at my old web site click here to see what I am thinking of updating.

Ala

mco 18:28 23 Nov 07

I know not everyone on the forum has taken to netobjects fusion but I think more people have recommended it than not and certainly FE will agree it is a very good beginners' program that makes professional looking sites in an easy way. Give it a try - I just looked at your site and I am certain you'd find it very straightforward to update with netobjects.

Kemistri 01:59 24 Nov 07

The problem with that is that, unless the latest version has progressed by an order of magnitude from the NOF of two/three years ago, your commercial brochure site will be a messy, non-compliant, poorly accessible, table-driven build. If you value visual panache and professionalism, accessibility standards compliance, and clean code, you will need to use something else or learn to hand code. Which is a whole lot easier (and more fulfilling) than you might think.

mco 11:57 24 Nov 07

reviewed the latest version in Feb click here
They seemed to think it was ok - quote: If you need a website-design program for professional use, but you're not a professional web designer, look no further.

Kemistri 16:27 24 Nov 07

That mentions nothing of the quality of the output; I'd like to see the latest NOF code run through a validator to see if it has improved over the horrendously error-filled mess that it used to produce. Hopefully, it has.

mco 00:22 25 Nov 07

NOF 10, only NOF 9, but NOF 10 advertises itself as being CSS2.1 Standards Based and including a code validator as part of the program.

Cousins 11:29 29 Nov 07

Thanks for the info I will down load it and try it for 30 days

Ala

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…