Hotmail - what's up?

wotbus@ 13:24 12 Apr 10

Is it me or is Hotmail a bag of nails just lately?
Forever being asked to sign in despite completing all the remember me stuff/log in automatically etc.
Ages for messages to load/open attachments and generally work with email - always click then wait wait wait - click then wait a bit more.
Firefox/Win7 and nothing changed - just Hotmail going slower and slower and slower.
If fact, it's so slow I can't be bothered to wait most of the time - happy to move on to other things and check again later.
Fortunately it's not, and will never be, my primary email manager ;-)

Fingees 13:44 12 Apr 10

I use w7

Although I use Firefox normally for my BT mail, I always use Windows live mail for my hotmail account.

Never had a problem.

wotbus@ 14:00 12 Apr 10

Hmmm. I just launched Messenger and saw I had 1 email.
Clicked on the envelope and got the Please Log in stuff all over again....arrrggghhhh.
I don't understand why I am active in Messenger but have to sign in to read my email - it was never like this before!
Saw the email was a reply from PC Advisor (yours) and clicked it.
The mail "apparently" opened (message details now pale blue with an open envelope) but nothing more. I counted to 30 slowly, still nothing.
Clicked the email again and it opened for me to read.
Clicked the link - wait wait wait and eventually connected to PC Advisor.
I am so bored with it I think the best thing to do is un-install it all then re-install it.

wotbus@ 14:13 12 Apr 10

Thanks for the reply Fingees :-)

Sea Urchin 14:33 12 Apr 10

Do you get the same problem when you log in direct to the Hotmail site? If not then it looks like it is a problem with Messenger. As you say a reinstall seems the best option.

Femme 14:38 12 Apr 10

Im having lots of issues with it also

FRANKMAC 16:25 12 Apr 10

I had similar probs some time back, a good place to start would be to simply change your password in your hotmail account. Worth a try.
Mac

VoG II 17:06 12 Apr 10

I think there might be a problem with the Hotmail servers. I just had a message from Mailwasher not being able to access my Hotmail account. I had to re-enter username and password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…