Hotmail verification

brewersfan 20:56 25 Feb 05

Other users on here have had verification problems trying to log in to hotmail (multiple attempts at matching the letters), and I'm one of those getting fed up with not being able to access my mail. I have stuff in there I need to read, and I can't. Has anyone got a surefire way of accessing hotmail? I've tried with outlook express, msn messenger and hotmail direct but with no joy. I've even tried it on three different machines with the same result on all. Any ideas please?

Diodorus Siculus 20:58 25 Feb 05

FreePOPs
click here

Technotiger 21:01 25 Feb 05

Hi - but have you tried via msn explorer?

Cheers.

brewersfan 21:14 25 Feb 05

Yep, tried that as well. Same result :(

Trying FreePOPs now.

brewersfan 21:19 25 Feb 05

FreePOPs doesn't seem to do anything after installation. What am I doing wrong?

Diodorus Siculus 21:22 25 Feb 05

You need to set up your email program and tell it to use localhost as pop3 server

then yourhotmial username / password where neceeary.

Technotiger 21:23 25 Feb 05

Me again - don't know if this has any bearing on your dilema, I received this by e-mail recently.

Dear MSN Member,

Recently, Hotmail® announced that in order to improve customer experience and reduce spam and junk e-mail abuse on MSN® services, Hotmail will no longer allow new e-mail accounts to be accessed via Microsoft® Office Outlook® and Outlook Express.

We are pleased to inform you that because you are an existing and valued customer, at this time your current Hotmail and MSN account(s) are exempt from this restriction and you will be able to continue enjoying access to those accounts from Outlook or Outlook Express. However, any new Hotmail or MSN accounts you create will not be accessible via Outlook or Outlook Express.

Because you actively use Outlook or Outlook Express to access one or more of your MSN Hotmail or MSN e-mail accounts, this could be the ideal time to consider subscribing to our powerful new
e-mail service - Microsoft Office Outlook Live.

As an Outlook Live subscriber, not only can you get uninterrupted access to your MSN e-mail accounts from Outlook, but you will also enjoy many other benefits.

Diodorus Siculus 21:23 25 Feb 05

click here for how to use it with OE.

brewersfan 23:05 25 Feb 05

For now, hotmail has resumed normal service. Don't know how, but I'm happy! Thanks for your help anyway.

Technotiger 23:11 25 Feb 05

Great - don't forget the Green Tick ;-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5