Hotmail Spam Filter ? Does it exist ?

bliksem 16:20 27 Mar 03

Hi All,

Is there a Spam Filter that can filter Hotmail....I keep getting smut in my inbox. Preferably one that does not involve a third party knowing my hotmail password.

Lú-tzé 17:12 27 Mar 03

Mailwasher - version two does, but it costs a few AUS dollars. Or if you can find a beta of version two around, it is still free.

But they will need to know your password to log onto the a/c.

bliksem 17:18 27 Mar 03

Thanks but thats exactly what Im trying to avoid....obviously I will have to setup the program with a relevant password but I don't want it being sent to the software provider.

Or am I being paranoid (hotmail passwords are secure arent they?)

Dave Bowman 17:32 27 Mar 03

Your password is only used to enable the software to log on to the Hotmail account so that it can then filter your Inbox.
Give Mailwasher a go. The Pro version is even better!

click here

Patr100 18:05 27 Mar 03

Hotmail already has a Spam filter - everything else that ian't directly addressed to you or you specifically allow goes into your in box - everything lese into your junk mail folder. It keeps the smut etc out of your inbox at least.

Patr100 18:06 27 Mar 03

You need to check your settings/options if it isn't activated at present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…