//some 3rd party need geo

Hotmail and Spam

Jester2K II 09:09 16 Dec 03

I have 4 Hotmail accounts. Two are rarely used (contact addresses for clubs), one is for my website and the other is a Spam Trap (Set up to monitor "normal" spam levels for an unused account and test a few things.

A few people have been reporting recently that they have been Spam-Free for a few days now. I have too. I check my accounts with Mailwasher and then open OE if i need to. Today i got a non-spam message and opened OE to reply only to discover there were 4 messages in my Bulk Mail folder. None of the messages were spam (one did have no Subject line so i can see why it got picked up) but this has never happened before.

Why now?

Sir Radfordin 10:10 16 Dec 03

My hotmail account seemes to have stopped getting emails from people I wasn't aware had my address which is a welcome change. Still getting loads from companies who make you give them your address just to use their site!

I am guessing that Hotmail have done something to their mail filters which will explain why 4 of your messages were being picked up as bulk mail. You may need to look at each one very carefully to work out where it may have been tripped up.

Jester2K II 10:15 16 Dec 03

The only one that had any reason to be stopped was the one with no Subject line. But even Spammers know better than that!!

Jester2K II 18:20 16 Dec 03

3 e-mails from people here have now been found in this new black hole.

I don't mind no spam but this no mail is rediculous....

For the accounts it don't check with OE there might messages waiting...

Is there a setting in Hotmail i can change to stop this filtering - I'd prefer to do it myself....

Jester2K II 18:26 16 Dec 03

Just found out - it might have been when i changed the Junk Mail settings to Enhanced (or something).

That'll explain why normal mail gets treated as Junk Mail (changed it back) but i've still had no spam in days....

Jester2K II 18:29 16 Dec 03

... it was the filter settings....

woody 18:32 16 Dec 03

My hotmail had its usual 130 today - no change.

Jester2K II 18:33 16 Dec 03

Weird - my 4 hotmails have had 0 since Friday....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…