Hotmail - sign in aggro

musicbassman 23:08 13 Mar 03

Hotmail have changed their hotmail sign in page, which has been my home page for a long time, to a ".net passport" sign in.
I can manually re-enter my old home page address and it still redirects to the new sign in page.
Now, instead of the user name and password being on auto complete on my home computer, the whole email address and password have to be typed in every time. Apparently, this is to "improve my sign in experience"
I am not happy, and I don't think I've ever come across a website that uses the .net passport scheme in any case.
Anyone any ideas how I can avoid having to type everything every time?
I can't remain signed in as there are other hotmail account users in the house.

crx16 23:22 13 Mar 03

i have a shortcut for 'MSN Messenger' on the taskbar,which opens a window to sign in,with a check box to 'remember my name and password on this computer',but not to sign in automatically.

any good to you.?

A Pound of Sausages 23:28 13 Mar 03

Musicbassman - I've been having the exact some problem!

I cant even go to Hotmail .com, it just directs me to that little .net sign in window

A Pound of Sausages 23:29 13 Mar 03

...exact SAME problem rather...

musicbassman 23:29 13 Mar 03

Sorry, don't know anything about Messenger, but a check box as you describe used to open in the hotmail sign in page so you could do this, but there appears to be no equivalent on the new .net passport page.

crx16 23:43 13 Mar 03

my method refers to windows itself,no web pages are involved.

i can sign-in,and check my hotmail,without opening IE,although it will be opened when i go to inbox,but your already signed in by then.

click here for a picture of what i mean.

geezer13 23:57 13 Mar 03

Do any of you use MSN8? I have been using MSN Explorer, Hotmail and messenger for 18 months and I only had problems with them since they brought out their pay-to-use sevice.

musicbassman 07:54 14 Mar 03

geezer13 - I'm using IE6.
crx16 - thanks for taking the time to display what you mean. Sorry, but I have no understanding of what Messenger is, or does. I'm afraid I'm very cautious about any Microsoft offerings. Do you use this page you displayed as your home page? And does it auto complete the name bar and then automatically insert your password, as the old Hotmail log in did?

crx16 19:07 14 Mar 03

just goto start\programs\msn messenger.once signed in you see this click here

it will tell you if you have mail(hotmail)

mark e 21:38 14 Mar 03

just type in your email and password as before it works for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…